Monday, June 2, 2014

Pesto Zucchini "Noodles" with Tomatoes



I recently acquired a Spiralizer and today's recipe was such a success, I'm sharing it with you all! Warning - your carnivorous husband devour it, leaving zero leftovers! At least, mine did - so I have no idea how this reheats. But it tastes fantastic right off the stove!


Cut off the ends of zucchini (summer squash). I used three. Well, actually, I used four, but I used the wrong blade the first time around and made the "noodles" a little too thick. So, this recipe is 3 zucchinis. I left the skin on for added nutrients.

Run the zucchini through the Spiralizer using the smaller noodles blade, being sure to push hard to get the noodles to be thick enough. If you don't push, you'll end up getting very thin slices that won't resemble pasta at all. Note: next time, I'm going to cut the noodles along the way. They were really long!

I catch the "noodles" on a plate. This is one zucchini's worth. Yum!

Okay, all done making the "noodle" - let's get to the stove.

In a large skillet, put just a little bit of olive oil over medium heat.


In the meantime, prep your toppings. We're having pesto and tomatoes. The pesto is store-bought, but I'm anxious to try Vitamix's kale pesto recipe soon!

Add some minced garlic to the skillet. When it's sizzling, the pan is ready for the zucchini.

Apologies for bad lighting - no natural light over my stove!
Saute the zucchini "noodles" until they're soft and pliable, about 5-8 minutes. Keep moving it so nothing burns - and make sure heat is on medium.

Here's where you add your pasta toppings. We had tomatoes and store-bought pesto, but you could do anything!

It was delicious. My husband, who has an unhealthy love and obsession with meat, even devoured it. I thought it was light but satisfying. A definite guilt-free keeper!

Now it's time for a little guilt-free dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment